"There is something about seeing myself improve that motivates and excites me"
Praise Effort, Not Ability
- 67% of those praised for their intelligence chose the easier option
- 92% of those praised for their effort chose the harder option
- Those who were praised for effort worked harder, worked longer and enjoyed the tasks more
Practice The Growth Mindset
- “Sometimes I don’t like other grown-ups very much because they think they know everything. I don’t know everything. I can learn all the time” (Marva Collins to her students)
- "Think of your Hero. Do you think it is someone with supernatural abilities? Go and do research and explain how effort lead them to success" (Carol Dweck)
“Remember, text scores and measures of achievement can tell you where a student is, but they don’t tell you where a student could end up”
© Louai Rahal, 2015. Designed by Louai Rahal.